The sharing is a series of forums and dialogues organized to invite guest speakers of diverse backgrounds, such as entrepreneurs, industry partners, researchers or alumni, to share their insights on innovation-related topics and success stories. The format of the sharing is flexible, spanning from talks to one-on-one dialogue to panel discussion.
The HKU Robocon Team and BREED-HKU jointly offer student-initiated courses on robotics in semester 1 of the academic year 2021/22. The courses cover basic knowledge and skills on different aspects (software, electronics and mechanical) of robotics. Details of the course are as follows:
Date: , 5 weeks from October 7 to November 11, 2021
Venue: Tam Wing Fan Innovation Wing
Course size: 20
Who can join: Members of Innovation Wing
Students of HKU Engineering
No. of learning hours: 20 (including lecture, hands-on workshop/project, assignment)
The following topics will be covered:
- Design and draw circuits.
- Create and edit designs, symbols and hierarchical designs.
- Understand the working principles of motors.
- Understand the working principles of motors driver circuits.
- Learn different soldering techniques and how to use basic electronic equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- PCB Design using Altium or KiCad.
- Using STM boards.
- Designing custom PCBs for arm microcontrollers.
At the end of the course, students will be able :
- to design and construct circuits
- to design and produce Printed Circuit Boards
- to apply various peripherals on STM boards
- to solve engineering problems as a member of a team
- to use IT in communication