InnoSpark is a pitching event for students to present their project ideas and recruit prospective teammates and supports to form student interest groups on a wide range of topics such as robotics, artificial intelligence, electric automobiles and healthcare technologies. The process helps to improve students’ ability to effectively advocate an idea or proposal to a large group of audience. It also provides an opportunity and flexibility for students to form their own team and grow their community of interest and passion. The judging panel will also provide suggestion on areas of improvement for strengthening their soft and technical skills.
- All engineering undergraduates and InnoHub members are welcome to submit proposals.
- Shortlisted proposals will be invited to join the pitching on February 23, 2021 (Tuesday).
- You can join as an individual or as a team.
Your ideas should belong to one or more of the following themes:
- Smart technology for better living
- Innovations under post-pandemic world
- Human-computer interface and integration
- Any other technology-related themes
And your ideas can fall into one or more of the followings categories:
- Design concept/ research idea
- Hands-on projects
- Technology-related service-learning
- Product realization/applications
Please submit your detailed proposal and a one-minute video by February 1, 2021 (Monday) at below:
- All submitted proposals will be reviewed by the Assessment panel and will receive feedback.
- Shortlisted proposals will be invited to the pitching event on February 23, 2021 (Tuesday), and will receive a Certificate of Merit.
- Other good proposals will also receive a Certificate of Appreciation and may be approached by Innovation Academy for other suitable opportunities.
- Required to give a 5-minute presentation and a 5-minute Q&A on February 23, 2021 (Tuesday).
January 7, 2021 (Thursday), 2pm
February 1, 2021 (Monday)
Submission deadline of proposal
February 23, 2021 (Tuesday)
To be announced
- Winning proposals are eligible to apply for the InnoSupport programme for further developing the ideas, and will be awarded a cash prize of HK$1,200.
- “The Best Presenter” will be awarded a cash prize of HK$1,000.
To be announced