What’s the biggest mystery in our universe? Probably that’s our mind. But what would happen if we’re able to tap into the power of modern information technology to understand our mind, and eventually ourselves, better? In this workshop, the participants will get to experience how to analyse Electrodermal Activity (EDA) to visualise our real time emotion status – and use such insight to learn to manage stress better, to train up our resilience and build genuine human connections.
Date: October 27, 2021 (Wednesday)
Venue: Tam Wing Fan Innovation Wing
Class size: 15
Eligibility: Inno Wing and InnoHub members (Prior knowledge of assembling Arduino device is NOT required.)
In this interactive workshop, students will assemble an EDA monitoring device by themselves and learn to use the device to plot emotional states mindfulness, stress, resilience and biofeedback. There will also be a brief mindfulness practice session and students would discuss on how the device can be applied in counselling and psychotherapy. After this workshop, interested students may form a student interest group at Innovation Wing to continue exploring the potentials of this device.
- Introduction to EDA and psychophysiology response
- Introduction to galvanic skin response (GSR) technology
- Hands-on exercise: assembling an EDA monitoring device
- Introduction to mindfulness
- Brief mindfulness practice
- Demonstration and testing of THK’s GSR glove and its potential
- Students tinkering around their GSR device