It allows Engineering taught postgraduate students to present their project ideas and recruit prospective teammates. The process helps to improve students’ ability to effectively advocate an idea or proposal to a large group of audience. It also provides an opportunity and flexibility for students to form their own team and grow their community of interest and passion.
Join the briefing session to gain more first-hand information about the contest:
Date: September 16, 2021 (Thursday)
Venue: Tam Wing Fan Innovation Wing
- All engineering taught postgraduates are welcome to submit proposals.
- Only shortlisted proposals will be invited to join the pitching on November 18, 2021 (Thursday).
- You can join as an individual or as a team.
Your ideas should belong to one or more of the following themes:
- Smart technology for better living
- Innovations under post-pandemic world
- Human-computer interface and integration
- Any other technology-related themes
And your ideas can fall into one or more of the followings categories:
- Design concept/ research idea
- Hands-on projects
- Technology-related service-learning
- Product realization/applications
Please submit your detailed proposal and a one-minute video by 23:59pm on October 15, 2021 (Friday) at below:
- All proposals will be reviewed by an Assessment Panel. They will be presented a “Certificate of Appreciation” in recognition of their participation in this activity.
- Shortlisted proposals will be invited to the pitching event and receive a “Certificate of Merit”.
- Winning proposals will be presented a “Certificate of Achievement” on the pitching day.
- Suggestions from the Assessment Panel and Judging Panel will be provided to each proposal for improving the idea.
- Potential impact
- Technology highlights
- Overall innovativeness
- Only the shortlisted proposals will be invited to join the pitching contest in mid-November 2021.
- Each proposal will have 5 minutes to pitch his/her/their idea with up to 5 minutes for question and answer. The presentation and Q&A session will be conducted in English.
2:30pm on September 16, 2021 (Thursday)
By 23:59pm on October 15, 2021 (Friday)
Submission deadline of proposal
5:00pm on November 18, 2021 (Thursday)
- Winning proposals are eligible to apply for the “Funding Scheme for student projects / activities by Tam Wing Fan Innovation Fund and Philomathia Foundation Innovation Fund” (hereunder “Funding Scheme”) for further developing the ideas, and will be awarded a cash prize of HK$1,200.
- “The Best Presenter” will be awarded a cash prize of HK$1,000.
To be announced