This contest allows Engineering undergraduates and InnoHub members to present their project ideas and recruit prospective teammates. The process helps to improve students’ ability to effectively advocate an idea or proposal to a large group of audience. It also provides an opportunity and flexibility for students to form their own team and grow their community of interest and passion.
Join the briefing session to gain more first-hand information about the contest:
Date: January 10, 2022 (Monday)
Venue: Tam Wing Fan Innovation Wing or via Zoom
- All Engineering undergraduates and InnoHub members
(Leader of the team must be either an Engineering undergraduate or an InnoHub member, and the rest of the team should be students at HKU)
- Only shortlisted proposals will be invited to join the pitching on March 2, 2022 (Wednesday).
- You can join as an individual or as a team.
Your ideas should belong to one or more of the following themes:
- Smart technology for better living
- Innovations under post-pandemic world
- Human-computer interface and integration
- Any other technology-related themes
And your ideas can fall into one or more of the followings categories:
- Design concept/ research idea
- Hands-on projects
- Technology-related service-learning
- Product realization/applications
Please submit your detailed proposal and a one-minute video by 23:59pm on January 28, 2022 (Friday) at below:
- All participants will be presented a “Certificate of Appreciation” in recognition of their participation in the activity.
- All proposals will be reviewed by an Assessment Panel and suggestions will be provided for improving the idea.
- Only shortlisted proposals will be invited to pitch their idea on March 2, 2022, and will receive a Certificate of Merit.
- Potential impact
- Technology highlights
- Overall innovativeness
- Only the shortlisted proposals will be invited to join the pitching on March 2, 2022 (Wednesday).
- Each proposal will have 5 minutes to pitch his/her/their idea with up to 5 minutes for question and answer. The presentation and Q&A session will be conducted in English.
3pm on January 10, 2022 (Monday)
By 23:59pm on January 28, 2022 (Friday)
Submission deadline of proposal
March 2, 2022 (Wednesday)
- Winning proposals are eligible to apply for the “Funding Scheme for student projects / activities by Tam Wing Fan Innovation Fund and Philomathia Foundation Innovation Fund” (hereunder “Funding Scheme”) for further developing the ideas, and will be awarded a cash prize of HK$1,200.
- “The Best Presenter” will be awarded a cash prize of HK$1,000.
To be announced